Saturday, October 07, 2006

I Can't Get You Off My Mind

This time of year I always think about my best friend Danny Craft who died of cancer when I was a freshmen in highschool. I often think of what life would be like if he would have made it through highschool with me. It makes me cry because I still miss him so much. This past weekend for some reason his absence has hit me hard. But God has a purpose for everything and although I definately don't understand how taking Danny gives God more glory I know it was His will and I trust that. I do know if it weren't for Danny's death I wouldn't be as close to Christ as I am now. Because naturally after his death I got depressed, and instead of getting mad at God and running towards sin I tried getting closer to God. I don't regret that decision one bit. So if you have lost a friend or family member don't get mad at God draw closer to Him. I promise you won't regret it.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Hey Eli it's Brent Sears from the great state of NC and I just wanted to say hello, hope your doing a little better and I hope life is treating you well.