Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ending of a Chapter The Start of Another.

I was standing in a parking garage around 1:30 this morning with a good friend of mine we were discussing relationships. I told him of my first "love". That girl was the most incredible girl and I was sure God had put her in my life. After she told me we couldn't date anymore I went into a deep state of depression. Then I realized if this isn't who God wants me to be with, then the girl He has for me must be a million times better. It is amazing even how through our lows God can really rock our worlds. Well it's been close to a year since we broke up and I'm just putting to rest my feelings for her, although I still have feelings for her I have moved on and accepted the fact maybe we aren't supposed to be together. And if we are God will make it happen. In my most recent emo song, i put to rest my feelings for her with first verse of the song, so here's the first verse to "From Jumpscenes to Car Crashes"

"Read our eulogy, over this open casket. We don't have to speak, we don't want to be a distraction. Others will see us here and only time will tell. I never sent you those letters I always wanted to mail."

1 comment:

Megan said...

Eli...you are awesome! :-)