Monday, June 04, 2007

There and Back Again

So I'm back from my weekend retreat to the lovely city of Nashville. I honestly hated to leave because Nashville is a mecca for singers and songwriters. I went up there and fought in a karate tournament, it turned out well i took third...which is not bad, its no first place but maybe next time. But other than fighting I went downtown to some local clubs and heard some of the best musicians i have ever heard in my life. These guys i saw were in it for the love, they only worked for only tips and they played great music. I did go to my version of a toy store....The Gibson Shop. I found my future Les Paul if anyone would like to lend me the $3400 it costs lol. But the highlight of the trip was going to the legendary bluebird cafe and hear a few up and coming writers and performers. Overall an amazing trip but of course I'm glad to be back. Speaking of singer/songwriters me and Josh Williams have to play a gig in Florence Sc this weekend. If anyone is near aroma underground saturday night please come in and hear us play.

No comments: